[ecco-support] [EXTERNAL] grid_load.m

Gael Forget gforget at mit.edu
Mon May 11 22:27:38 EDT 2020

Hi Hong

Thanks for taking a look. I am bit confused about the suggested modifications but maybe they aren’t actually needed and I don't want to introduce further delay.

Why not just (1) make sure that `nctiles_grid/` in r3 and r4 is the same as in r2 to avoid disrupting returning users, (2) move the other `GRID*` stuff to a separate folder to avoid confusing new users, and (3) document in your READMEs the circumstances when each grid folder should be used?

Ultimately it’s obviously up you guys at JPL to decide on what you want to do to resolve this situation. I am just worried we might be losing more users until JPL remedies the confusion that’s emerged from the reformatting. The added documentation in READMEs is probably needed regardless of anything else.

Hope this helps.

Best,
Gael