[ecco-support] [EXTERNAL] Cost function calculation problems when changing number of cores in ECCOv4-r4

Zhang, Hong (US 398K) hong.zhang at jpl.nasa.gov
Mon Dec 28 17:44:39 EST 2020

On Dec 28, 2020, at 2:08 PM, Dan Jones <dcjones.work at gmail.com<mailto:dcjones.work at gmail.com>> wrote:

Hi Hong,

Ah okay. Thanks for your quick reply. What would you recommend that I do in terms of increasing the number of cores? Is it possible for me to get the files needed for the 192 and 360 core setup?

Hi Dan,
easy way is to switch off “profiles” to see any improvement;
Or if you want to include profiles, here is the function
https://github.com/MITgcm/MITprof/blob/master/MITprof_prepare/profiles_prep_mygrid.m
(in the framework of
https://github.com/MITgcm/gcmfaces
https://github.com/MITgcm/MITprof

Notice ni and nj corresponds to sNx and sNy.

hope it helps
Hong