[ecco-support] [EXTERNAL] (no subject)

Zhang, Hong (US 398K) hong.zhang at jpl.nasa.gov
Mon Aug 10 11:04:40 EDT 2020

On Aug 10, 2020, at 6:32 AM, Fanglou Liao <flch at udel.edu<mailto:flch at udel.edu>> wrote:

Dear ECCO support

I was trying to use ecco-v4 python package for some calculations based on ECCOv5 alpha. As I noticed that  recursive_load_ecco_var_from_years_nc is not working for ECCO v5 file format, I write a new function similar to it and it can load the variables now. But when I run the calc_section_heat_trsp_adv function, an error occurred:

ValueError: Coordinate k_p1 has invalid or missing `c_grid_axis_shift` attribute `True`

I checked that but still couldn't solve it myself. could you please let me know what needs to be done for a smooth application of ecco-v4.py for ECCO v5?
Hi Fanglou,
https://ecco.jpl.nasa.gov/drive/files/Version5/Alpha
netcdf files have the same format as
https://ecco.jpl.nasa.gov/drive/files/Version4/Release3
They are not ready for xarray, hence ecco-v4.py
We’ll try to reformat as
https://ecco.jpl.nasa.gov/drive/files/Version4/Release4
at some point.

Hong