[ecco-support] Question about the access for LLC4320 dataset

HONG ZHANG hong.zhang at ucla.edu
Sun Nov 3 00:58:30 EDT 2019

On Sat, Nov 2, 2019 at 8:37 PM Yang Yang <yangyang.nuist at gmail.com> wrote:

> Dear ECCO,
>
> My name is Yang, a young scientist majoring in physical oceanography.
> Recently I have noticed several works about ocean sub-mesoscale motions
> using the so-called LLC4320 model results under ECCO program. As far as I
> know, this model is the only global model resolving ocean variabilities in
> the submesoscale range.
>
> I was told it is distributed on your server with this open link
> ftp://ecco.jpl.nasa.gov/ECCO2/LLC4320/global/

 Hi Yang,
You're welcome to explore this hi-res simulation.
You can access it at NAS data portal
https://data.nas.nasa.gov/ecco/
and for LLC4320:
https://data.nas.nasa.gov/ecco/data.php?dir=/eccodata/llc_4320
One useful tool is "llcreader" which helps to access/subset the model
output remotely:
https://xmitgcm.readthedocs.io/en/latest/llcreader.html

cheers
Hong