[ecco-support] Question about the Salinity budget

Ligc liguancheng15 at mails.ucas.ac.cn
Wed Jun 6 08:20:40 EDT 2018

Dear Mr. Ian,
      Thanks for your careful reply, again! I think it will be very helpful for me to calculate the zonal/meridional advection flux. Recently, i have another technique trouble. when i decomposed advection term into the contributions by method of perturbation, i have no efficient way to distinguish the contributions from salinity anomaly or current anomaly, because the total advection flux is represented by "h ∇∙(Su) " at last, and  the model output such as ADVx_SLT can not represent the current multiplied by the gradient of salinity. So i want to know about the detailed calculations and even matlab code if it is convenient. Could you give me some advices?
    Thank you for your kindness again!

Best regards,
Michael