[ecco-support] ECCO Products

Fenty, Ian G (329C) Ian.Fenty at jpl.nasa.gov
Mon Jun 4 15:34:21 EDT 2018

Dear Diego,

The ECCO v4 R3 product may not be suitable for studying river discharge into the GoM because a) we are using river discharge from the Fekete monthly climatology, b) we distribute the river discharge over a large distance from the river mouth to the GoM interior.  Therefore, river discharge signals in the model are not very strong.  You can take a look and decide for yourself, of course.

Currently we are experimenting with applying a more realistic river discharge into a higher-resolution version of the ECCO v4 model (1/3 of a degree vs. the current 1 degree).  If you would like to discuss this further, feel free to send me a private email.

Best regards,

Ian