[ecco-support] ECCO daily SSH -- altimetry

Yao Yu yaoyu.9404 at gmail.com
Thu Jul 5 12:30:15 EDT 2018

Dear ECCO support team,

  I am using ECCO V4R3 daily SSH to study an oceanic feature (~25-day,
500km) over the Argentine Basin. However, ECCO failed to reproduce the
sought-after feature, but ocean altimetry measurements, GRACE measurements,
and another OGCM -- GLORYS2V4 could. I am trying to figure out the reason.

  I'd be greatful if you can help to answer my questions:
1. Are there any spatial (except for the bin-averaging) and temporal
smoothing schema applied to the altimeter data in the generation of ECCO
daily SSH?

2. If the answer is no for question 1, then what do you think are the
possible reasons that cause ECCO's inability over the Argentine Basin?

Thanks in advance!
Yao