[ecco-support] ECCO monthly data

HONG ZHANG hong.zhang at ucla.edu
Mon May 8 13:29:01 EDT 2017

On 5/8/17 10:17 AM, Menemenlis, Dimitris (329C) wrote:
> Hi John, I forward your message to ECCO support list and to Hong Zhang who
> should be able to point you to correct directories.
sorry, the monthly output is not readily available.
It should be easy to make monthly mean from 3-day mean output.
> Depending on your science objectives, the cube92 solution may not be optimal,
> as it is not data constrained.
>
> The standard ECCO product is ECCO-V4 (I think release 3, on a 1-degree grid,
> 1992-2015 is now available).
This product is available here (from 1992 to 2011)
ftp://mit.ecco-group.org/ecco_for_las/version_4/release2/

> For higher-resolution, data-constrained, I recommend the “llc270” optimization
> (1/3-degree, 2001-2015).
and here (from 2001 to 2015):
ftp://ecco2.jpl.nasa.gov/data7/cube/llc_270/
You probably need to look at those of interp_monthly/

cheers
Hong