[ecco-support] ECCO forcing flux

Fenty, Ian G (329C) Ian.Fenty at jpl.nasa.gov
Fri Apr 21 18:06:28 EDT 2017

Gibies,

To answer your questions:
1) The T and specific humidity at 2 m are provided as flat binary files on the model's native grid.
2) You'll have to convert them to netcdf if you want them in that format.
3) Currently we provide output for the net air-sea heat and freshwater flux, not the individual terms.  Your requ

While we are not currently providing exactly what you need, your request is very useful to us.  Indeed, I think that our adjusted atmospheric state as well as the individual terms of air-sea fluxes should be provided to users as netcdf files in the 13-tile format that we use when providing every other non-interpolated field.

Please give us a few days to see if we can add these fields to our output and share them with you.

Best regards,
Ian Fenty

I could find temperature and specific humidity at 2m

"ftp://mit.ecco-group.org/ecco_for_las/version_4/release2/input_forcing"

But, I would like to get latent heat and sensible heat fluxes. Is it available ?