[ecco-support] Access to ECCOV4

Ligc liguancheng15 at mails.ucas.ac.cn
Wed Apr 5 03:45:27 EDT 2017

Dear Sir/Medam,
      Firstly, thank you for your reply so much! Now,please allow me to introduce my method and questions.
 I used the Budget equation of the mixed layer salinity to calculate the MLS variability around North Pacific using by ECCO2 original data (from ECCO v4-r2/ interp_monthly).The left term is the rate of change of the MLS, and the right terms represent the freshwater flux (E-P), advection of the MLS by Ekman and geostrophic transports, the entrainment of the MLS. Among these variables,Ekman Velocity was estimated from wind stress data and geostrophic Velocity from free surface height Anomalies using by the related formula.
 I tried to calculate all of these terms at each lon-lat grid by using the original variables, but i found that the total range at the right hand is a bit more widely than the left, which may be resulted by the wrong or larger result of the advection of MLS because other term is fitted with the conclusion of other articles well,including the freshwater flux is the leading dominant term in this area.
 So i was wondering if there's any available variable or method to test my results. And, i want to know about how to calculate advective flux of Salinity in a better way.
 Moreover, Could you tell me how to get the ADVe_SLT and ADvn_SLT in this dataset, because i can not figure out the source of 'm^3' in these unit. I am looking forward for your helpless if it is convenient.
Thank you for your patient reading! I really appreciate you help!

Best regards,
Guancheng