[ecco-support] Some questions about the name of ECCO files

海蓝 463227921 at qq.com
Wed Nov 30 00:41:55 EST 2016

Dir Sir:
    I want to use the ECCO version4 data (contaied in ftp://mit.ecco-group.org/ecco_for_las/version_4/release2/nctiles_monthly/README) to track the particles in the equatorial Pacific and Indian Ocean. However, after reading the names of  variables (ftp://mit.ecco-group.org/ecco_for_las/version_4/release2/nctiles_monthly/README) I find that there is no real U and V component velocity which is usually used to track particles and there are only mass-weighted and Bolus velocity instead.So I want to know if there is real U and V component velocity in the files you supply or if they can be calculated with the variables which have been listed in the readme file.
    Any suggestion will be appreciated.
    Thank you.
LiangPeng