[ecco-support] question about calc_barostream.m

gael forget gforget at mit.edu
Thu Mar 17 16:01:34 EDT 2016

Hi Martha,

in each horizontal stream function computation there is one indeterminate constant
due to the fact that the velocity field only depends on the stream function gradients.
So the constant offset between meanPsiBT3 and meanPsiBT is immaterial.

At the end of calc_barostream (now lines 128 to 132) you will find that this constant
is evaluated over land as defined by mygrid.mskC(:,:,1) and subtracted. I just
changed the method used to do this so that constant offsets are subtracted
in a more robust way (I think) by always using the same point over Antarctica.

Works?

Gael