[ecco-support] basin mask for ECCO data?

gael forget gforget at mit.edu
Fri Jun 3 12:12:02 EDT 2016

Hi Neil,
you will find the ECCO v4 basin masks in ftp://mit.ecco-group.org/ecco_for_las/version_4/release2/doc/basins/
(I assume you are using ECCO version 4). Matlab code that computes various overturning streamfunctions using gcmfaces
(http://mitgcm.org/viewvc/*checkout*/MITgcm/MITgcm_contrib/gael/matlab_class/gcmfaces.pdf) can be found at lines 47-63
in http://mitgcm.org/viewvc/*checkout*/MITgcm/MITgcm_contrib/gael/matlab_class/gcmfaces_diags/diags_set_A.m
Hope this helps,
Gael