[ecco-support] higher frequency ECCOv4 output

gael forget gforget at mit.edu
Tue Oct 13 15:29:41 EDT 2015

Hi Matt,

re-running the 20 year solution is indeed the preferred approach as stated
in the paper (http://www.geosci-model-dev.net/8/3071/2015/gmd-8-3071-2015.html)

The official set-up that is kept up to date and regularly tested is @
http://mitgcm.org/viewvc/MITgcm/MITgcm_contrib/gael/verification/
and the guidelines to run the full solution are in
http://mitgcm.org/viewvc/*checkout*/MITgcm/MITgcm_contrib/gael/verification/eccov4.pdf

Hi Dimitris, Hong, et al,

thanks for preparing and distributing the adjusted forcing fields,
and sorry I had overlooked your email from June in this regard.

I will respond to it in more details shortly (possibly tomorrow) but I am
not in favor of distributing more alternative frozen copies of code and
input directories (these are just a source of confusion and trouble).

Cheers,
Gael