[ecco-support] ECCO version 4, regional subset using opendap?

Patrick Heimbach heimbach at mit.edu
Tue May 19 14:17:41 EDT 2015

Hi Zoltan,

sorry for delayed response.

Depending on what region exactly you are interested in the extraction may be easier or (somewhat) more involved.
I suggest you sent an email off the list to Diana Spiegel, diana at ocean.mit.edu (perhaps with CC to heimbach at mit.edu and gforget at mit.edu) with the specifics of your domain and variables of interest, and we take it from there.

-Patrick

PS:
I’m not familiar with ugr5. If you have pointers to this program, we may consider if/how to fit it in.

On May 11, 2015, at 3:43 PM, zszuts <zszuts at apl.washington.edu> wrote:

> Hello there,
>
> I'd like to extract a regional subset from ECCO version 4 (at all time
> steps).  Is there a way to do this using an opendap server?
>
> There are programs to do this (e.g. ugr5), but I'm unsure if they are
> supported by your server.  I'd like to save myself from downloading the
> large data files in full, especially since I will be using multiple
> variables.
>
> Many thanks,
> Zoli
>
> Zoltan Szuts
> Senior Oceanographer
> Applied Physics Lab, University of Washington
> 1013 NE 40th Street
> Seattle, WA 98105-6698
> Ben Hall 574
> tel: 206-616-7918
> fax: 206-543-6785
> zszuts at apl.washington.edu
> http://staff.washington.edu/zszuts/

Patrick Heimbach, Ph.D. | http://heimbach.wordpress.com

* The University of Texas at Austin *
The Institute for Computational Engineering and Sciences
Institute for Geophysics | Jackson School of Geosciences
201 East 24th Street, POB 4.232 | Austin, TX 78712 | USA
FON: +1-512-232-7694 | Email: heimbach at utexas.edu

* Massachusetts Institute of Technology *
Department of Earth, Atmospheric, and Planetary Sciences
77 Massachusetts Ave, 54-1420 | Cambridge MA 02139 | USA
FON: +1-617-253-5259 | Email: heimbach at mit.edu