[ecco-support] asking about ECCO output

Ibnu Fathrio h11gs851 at hirosaki-u.ac.jp
Mon Jul 27 09:37:20 EDT 2015

Dear ECCO team,

My name is Ibnu, I am graduate student from Hirosaki Univ, Japan and
i want to use ECCO output to investigate salt budget in Indian Ocean.

 I have some questions about ECCO’s product :

1) I’d like to know the difference between ECCO output from

  http://mit.ecco-group.org/opendap/ecco_for_las/version_4/release1/

   and

  ftp://snowwhite.jpl.nasa.gov/data4/

  are those two dataset are similar?

2) If I want to use the output from   ftp://snowwhite.jpl.nasa.gov/data4/
     What should i do to obtain Evaporation-Prec data ?

      The one in "gsExtave_08_08.00001_02160_720.cdf” is already in salinity flux form (psi/s)

Thank you very much for your help

best regards

Ibnu

Graduate student of Hirosaki Univ