[Dspace-general] How can I move an item from one collection to another?

Claudia Juergen Claudia.Juergen at ub.tu-dortmund.de
Tue Jan 19 12:51:49 EST 2010

Hello Ann,

which version of DSpace with which UI are you using?

Since 1.5 there is a feature (jspui, 1.6 for  xmlui) to move items from
the DSpace UI. Log in as the DSpace instance administrator, navigate to
the item you want to move, click on "Edit" in the admin tools. Then choose
"Move Item" and select the collection you want the item to move to.

If you are using a lower DSpace version you got to do it on db level.

Hope that helps

Claudia Jürgen