[Dspace-general] Permissions problem

Graham Triggs graham at biomedcentral.com
Tue Sep 29 08:03:45 EDT 2009

You need to change the owner that your application server (Tomcat) is running under.

You are currently running it as root, so all the files that it creates are being given root ownership. If you run it as the user 'dspace', then all files will be created with dspace ownership.

Note, that you will need to reset the permissions on all your root owned files for DSpace to be able to access those files.