[Dspace-general] Communities list in navigation bar

Héctor Garcia Peris hector.garcia at ivie.es
Tue Sep 29 03:22:49 EDT 2009

Sorry again. Only works on the home page. When you goes to other page it
throws a NullPointerException because this attribute doesn't exist.

Any help?

Héctor Garcia Peris escribió:
> Problem solved. It was a problem with postgres and the memory in the
> server.
>
> It works fine this code.
>
> Thanks.
>
> Héctor Garcia Peris escribió:
>> Hello,
>>
>> I want to have a list of communities in my navigator bar in the same
>> way that I have in the home page. I tried to reuse the code in
>> home.jsp page in the navbar-default.jsp file. But the problem is that
>> when I try to get the communities attribute with this commands:
>>
>> 140: <%@ page import="org.dspace.content.Community" %>
>> 141: <%
>> 142:    Community[] communities = (Community[])
>> request.getAttribute("communities");
>> 143:    if (communities.length != 0)
>> 144:    {
>> 145:%>
>>
>> I get a java.lang.NullPointerException in line 143. That is because
>> the communities attribute is not instanced in this file, but it's
>> instanced in the home.jsp page. Is there any way to get the
>> communities in the navbar-default.jsp file?
>>
>> Thanks.

Héctor Garcia Peris
Dpto. Informática
Instituto Valenciano de Investigaciones Económicas S.A. (Ivie)
C/ Guardia Civil, 22 esc-2 1º 46020 - Valencia (Spain)
Tfno.: +34 - 963190050 / +34 - 963930816
Fax.: +34 - 963190055 / +34 - 963930856
e-mail: hector.garcia at ivie.es
Web: http://www.ivie.es