[Dspace-general] FINAL CALL FOR REGISTRATION

Rajesh Singh rajeshzone29 at yahoo.co.in
Thu Sep 17 08:47:04 EDT 2009

Dear Professional Colleague,

It gives me a great pleasure to inform you that the Delhi University Library System of the University of Delhi, a premier University in India, has taken the responsibility to host an International Conference on Academic Libraries from October 5 to 8, 2009 involving large number of professionals from India and abroad. Dr. Sam Pitroda, Chairman National Knowledge Commission, India, has kindly consented to inaugurate the Conference.

The Conference has received an overwhelming response from the library professional from across the world to our call for papers.  We have received more than 170 paper contributions, out of which about 120 papers have been selected for the conference. ICAL-2009 has also made provision for poster presentations. A good number of International experts have already consented to be present in the Conference to make the event more serious, fruitful and memorable.  The list of Prominent International Speakers is available at: http://library.du.ac.in/ocs/index.php/ical/

Besides, we are organizing a “Pre-Conference Tutorial on Virtual Referencing”. Experts from OCLC will conduct the Tutorial on 5th October, 2009. It will explore real time virtual reference service, including the know how of a reference management service called Question Point.

IDEA GENERATION: The ICAL 2009 is contemplating to have a brain storming session for idea generation in the middle of the technical tracks on the last day with a view to give opportunity to the participants to place their views on what they think should be part of the ROAD MAP to reposition the academic libraries in the modern times using ICT tools and techniques.

Exhibition of Library Materials: DULS will be holding an exhibition of Library related materials including books, periodicals, non-book materials, LMS, various other ICT tools, etc.

This would be an epoch making event of its own kind in the sense that a common platform would be created for a wide gamut of library and information professionals from across the globe to brainstorm various issues and subsequent deliverables.  For more details please visit: http://library.du.ac..in/ocs or http://crl.du.ac.in .

IF YOU HAVE NOT REGISTERED SO FAR, WE INVITE YOU TO DO SO BY 20TH SEPTEMBER 2009

With kind regards.

 Rajesh Singh
Dy. Librarian
E-Resources & Training