[Dspace-general] REGISTER BY 15TH SEPTEMBER 2009

Rajesh Singh rajeshzone29 at yahoo.co.in
Mon Sep 7 04:44:10 EDT 2009

Dear Friends,

I have regularly been updating you and providing various details regarding ICAL- 2009, with a promise to make it a Conference with Difference.  This Conference is going to be a conference with a difference—in terms of content, delegation, stalwart international speakers, interaction and discussions, and the outcome.We are thankful to all the professional   for their overwhelming response to the call for papers.  We have received more than 170 papers contributions, which are in the process of peer review.

The objective of the conference is to reposition the Academic Libraries by taking advantage of modern developments in the field of ICT; management techniques including change management; scholarly communications; advocacy; user-vendor-librarians interface etc. and develop a ROAD MAP which can be used by the governmental agencies for upgrading the library systems in India. We have developed a document having the conceptual framework which provides a framework on how various facets are conceived.

International Experts: A good number of International experts have already consented to be present in the Conference. The list of Prominent International Speakers is available at: http://library.du.ac.in/ocs/index.php/ical/

Besides, we are organizing a “Pre-Conference Tutorial on Virtual Referencing” Experts from OCLC will conduct the Pre-Conference Tutorial on Virtual Referencing to explore real time virtual reference service, including the know how of a reference management service called Question Point. For details please visit: http://crl.du.ac.in/ical09/pctvr.htm

Poster Papers: Today, poster sessions are an integral part of the conference programs. ICAL-2009 has also made provision for poster presentations of high quality research papers during the conference and publish the same in conference proceeding.  The best poster, selected by a group of experts, will be awarded. For details please visit: http://crl.du.ac.in/ical09/postpap/poster.htm

IDEA GENERATION: The ICAL 2009 is contemplating to have a brain storming session for idea generation in the middle of the technical tracks on the last day with a view to give opportunity to the participants to place their views on what they think should be part of the ROAD MAP to reposition the academic libraries in the modern times using ICT tools and techniques. We invite participants to come prepared in this conference with new ideas, probing questions and answers and to actively engage themselves in the planned brain storming sessions.

Exhibition of Library Materials: We are happy to announce that Delhi University Library System (DULS) will be holding an exhibition of Library related materials including books, periodicals, non-book materials, LMS, various other ICT tools, library furniture equipments etc. This exhibition is in addition to the conference exhibition and will provide a platform to all the delegates to interact and identify vendors and suppliers to meet their requirements.

KINDLY NOTE THE FOLLOWING

1.            The Conference is scheduled from 5th to 8th October, 2009. A Pre-Conference Tutorial on Virtual Referencing is scheduled for 5th October, 2009. The inaugural function of the conference will take place on 5th October, 2009, evening.

2.            The last date of registration is 15th September, 2009.

3.            The registration payment is to be made by local Cheque/ Demand Draft prepared in favour of Registrar, University of Delhi, Payable at Delhi (India).

4.            All are requested to register for both the Pre-Conference Tutorial as well as the conference. For further registration details and form please visit: http://crl.du.ac.in/ical09/downloads.htm

IF YOU HAVE NOT REGISTERED SO FAR, WE INVITE YOU TO DO SO BY 15TH SEPTEMBER 2009

For details please visit:http://library.du.ac.in/ocs  or  http://crl.du.ac.in/ical09

For all queries and further details, please contact:

ICAL 2009 Conference Secretariat
Dr. S. Majumdar, Organising Secretary, ICAL
C/o University Librarian, Central Library, University of Delhi
New Delhi - 110 007, India
Phone - 91-11-27666034, 27667848
Fax - 91-11-27666034 E-mail: ical2009.os at gmail.com

with regards