[Dspace-general] packaging with maven behind a firewall

Smithies, Russell Russell.Smithies at agresearch.co.nz
Thu Sep 3 01:02:43 EDT 2009

Hi,
I'm new to the list so please excuse me if this has been covered before.

I've got a test installation installed on a Windows Server 2008 VM and due to security, I can't access the internet. I initially built it at home to avoid the firewall problems but now I need to update some customize the css and I'm running into problems as maven wants to update packages and it can't get to the internet.
We're running NTLM authentication so I doubt there's a way to get it to authenticate and running maven with the "-o" offline option isn't working.

Any suggestions on how to get around this?

Here's the log:
c:\install_dspace\dspace-1.5.2-src-release\dspace>mvn -o package
[INFO]
NOTE: Maven is executing in offline mode. Any artifacts not already in your local
repository will be inaccessible.

[INFO] Scanning for projects...
[INFO] Reactor build order:
[INFO]   DSpace XML-UI (Manakin)
[INFO]   DSpace XML-UI (Manakin) :: Wing-Framework
[INFO]   DSpace Kernel :: API and Implementation
[INFO]   DSpace XML-UI (Manakin) :: API and Core Aspects
[INFO]   DSpace XML-UI (Manakin) :: Web Application Resources
[INFO]   DSpace Addon Modules
[INFO]   DSpace XML-UI (Manakin) :: Web Application
[INFO]   DSpace LNI
[INFO]   DSpace LNI :: Core Implementation
[INFO]   DSpace LNI :: Web Application Resources
[INFO]   DSpace LNI :: Web Application
[INFO]   DSpace OAI
[INFO]   DSpace OAI :: API and Implementation
[INFO]   DSpace OAI :: Web Application Resources
[INFO]   DSpace OAI :: Web Application
[INFO]   DSpace JSP-UI
[INFO]   DSpace JSP-UI :: API and Implementation
[INFO]   DSpace JSP-UI :: Web Application Resources
[INFO]   DSpace JSP-UI :: Web Application
[INFO]   DSpace SWORD
[INFO]   DSpace SWORD :: API and Implementation
[INFO]   DSpace SWORD :: Web Application Resources
[INFO]   DSpace SWORD :: Web Application
[INFO]   DSpace LNI :: CLI Client Application
[INFO]   DSpace Assembly and Configuration
[INFO] Building DSpace XML-UI (Manakin)
[INFO]    task-segment: [package]
[ERROR] BUILD ERROR
[INFO] Failed to resolve artifact.

GroupId: org.apache.maven.plugins
ArtifactId: maven-site-plugin
Version: 2.0-beta-7

Reason: System is offline.

  org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-site-plugin:pom:2.0-beta-7

NOTE: Maven is executing in offline mode. Any artifacts not already in your local
repository will be inaccessible.

[INFO] Total time: 1 second
[INFO] Finished at: Thu Sep 03 04:55:27 GMT 2009
[INFO] Final Memory: 3M/6M
c:\install_dspace\dspace-1.5.2-src-release\dspace>

Thanx,

Russell Smithies
Bioinformatics Applications Developer
T +64 3 489 9085