[Dspace-general] Multiple Parents Of A Subcommunity

Allen Lam allen.dspace at gmail.com
Wed Oct 14 06:35:26 EDT 2009

Hi Hardik,

You can do that.

According to the database structure of dspace 1.5.x, there is no
restriction for you to have one child-community mapping to multiple
parent-communities.

To make it happen, you need direct access to dspace database, add
suitable rows to the community2community table to define your wanted
relationship.
You also need to update the community2community_seq value after manually
editing the table.

Allen Lam.
HKU Hub Administrator, http://hub.hku.hk