[Dspace-general] is this a bug?

Stuart Lewis s.lewis at auckland.ac.nz
Tue Oct 6 17:13:08 EDT 2009

Hi Ann,

I’m trying to create two sub-communities with the same name, but dspace doesn’t like it.  These sub-communities are within two different communities [one is in a student community and one is in a faculty community], so I don’t see why it should be a problem; thus my query as to whether the issue is a bug, or something that just can’t be done.

Which version are you running? This bug was fixed in version 1.4. (http://wiki.dspace.org/index.php/DSpace_Release_1.4.0_Notes)

If you are using a later version: what sort of error message does DSpace show when trying to create the sub-communities?

Thanks,

Stuart Lewis
IT Innovations Analyst and Developer
Te Tumu Herenga The University of Auckland Library
Auckland Mail Centre, Private Bag 92019, Auckland 1142, New Zealand
Ph: 64 9 373-7599 x81928
http://www.library.auckland.ac.nz/