[Dspace-general] [Dspace-tech] OR09 DSpace User Group Mtg Recordings Available

Richard Jones richard at symplectic.co.uk
Thu May 28 10:51:42 EDT 2009

Hi Mark,

> On Wed, May 27, 2009 at 07:34:12PM -0500, Valorie Hollister wrote:
>
>> Recordings of the presentations from the DSpace User Group Mtg at OR09
>> are now available. Follow the links below. If you have trouble viewing
>> them in Firefox, try Internet Explorer instead.
>>

> Okay, where do I get Internet Explorer for Linux?

I dropped the OR09 organisers an email about the proprietary grade
access barrier to the presentations, and was told that they will be
available in their digital repository shortly, in an as-yet-undetermined
format.  Hopefully not wmv, although I can at least read a wmv file from
disk.  What they've done to the stream to make it unplayable in totem or
mplayer I don't know :)

Cheers,

Richard

--
Richard Jones
Head Repository Systems Architect, Symplectic Limited
e: richard at symplectic.co.uk
t: 0845 026 4755
t: +44 (0)207 7334036
w: http://www.symplectic.co.uk/