[Dspace-general] Converte the Bibtex into qualified DC

Robin Wang greenstone at live.de
Tue May 26 13:51:40 EDT 2009

Hi everyone,

I wanna use the DSpaceSIP from Larry Stone and converte my bibtex xml file for original pdf file into qualified DC Record that i can insert the DC Record into a Mets Record for DSpace later. i know that i should use the XSLT to do it. but does anyone here know,what kind of a qualified DC should i build into METS

<dmdSec ID="DMD DSpaceID">
                <mdWrap>Qualified Dublin Core metadata </mdWrap>
</dmdSec>

<dmdSec ID="dmd002">
                             <mdWrap MIMETYPE="text/xml" MDTYPE="DC" LABEL="Dublin Core Metadata">
                                  <xmlData>
                                    <dc:title>Alice's Adventures in Wonderland</dc:title>
                                    <dc:creator>Lewis Carroll</dc:creator>
                                    <dc:date>between 1872 and 1890</dc:date>
                                    <dc:publisher>McCloughlin Brothers</dc:publisher>
                                    <dc:type>text</dc:type>
                                  </xmlData>
                             </mdWrap>
      </dmdSec>

I do know that i should add an exetension schema for the DC, but can anyone tell me, what kind of an exetension schema for qualified DC in dspace should i give?? Or should i use the mods (http://www.loc.gov/standards/mods/v3/mods-3-1.xsd)  xsi:schemaLocation="http://www.loc.gov/mods/v3 http://www.loc.gov/standards/mods/v3/mods-3-3.xsd

http://www.loc.gov/standards/mods/v3/mods-userguide-examples.html#digitized_book

Which one will be better for LNIClient???

Thanks

Robin