[Dspace-general] [Dspace-tech] Internal System Error by ingest a new item in demo collection

Claudia Jürgen Claudia.Juergen at ub.uni-dortmund.de
Thu May 14 08:01:13 EDT 2009

Hello Robin,

during ingest your dspace instance will try to send email, so you got to
provide valid email settings in the dspace.cfg.
If your instance isn't able to send emails you will get an internal
error on granting the license, because at that point either the
submitter or the workflow members will be notified.

As you get the error at an earlier stage, check your [dspace] dir
permissions. The user, under which your servlet container runs, needs to
write to the upload dirctory and assetstore during ingest.

Hope that helps

Claudia Jürgen