[Dspace-general] e-Reserve?

Jeffrey Trimble jatrimble at ysu.edu
Thu May 7 17:43:00 EDT 2009

Naveed,

We've never compiled good documentation on this, but I'd be happy to
place
something out there after I get back from OR09.

Would this be something folks would want to have on the DSpace Wiki
somewhere?

A few things that come to mind:

	1.  We used the technique of two instances of DSpace on one server,
one tomcat running.
	2.  It was version 1.4.2, and the build.xml had to be edited for this
second instance.  In fact
		we have two different [dspace-source] directories.
	3.  Since this server is behind our firewall, our students can gain
access via our proxy server.  We
		linked bibliographic records from our III ILS system via URLS to the
RSpace instance, and vice
		versa.  The ILS has the URL for the proxy server (or as we say, to
"connect from off campus, click
		here").

That's a very brief synopsis, but I'd be happy to compile some
documentation.

Jeff

Jeffrey Trimble
System LIbrarian