[Dspace-general] DSpace 1.6 survey results

Stuart Lewis s.lewis at auckland.ac.nz
Tue May 5 04:07:59 EDT 2009

Dear DSpace community member,

We recently ran a survey to collect the views of the community concerning what new features we should concentrate on building into version 1.6 of DSpace. Thank you to everyone who took part and gave us their views.

The top three features requested were:

1)      Better statistics

2)      An embargo facility

3)      Batch metadata editing

In order to move forward with these requests, we have decided to form working groups of interested parties and relevant stakeholders. Each feature has been assigned a point of contact that will drive forward this process so that we come to an agreement as to the precise requirements for each of these features, and to decide if existing solutions that already exist in the community can be used to provide these features, or if new development efforts are required.

If you are interested in any of these features, look out for further emails in the next few days from each of the points of contact who will explain how the process will work for each feature. We will likely use JIRA (http://jira.dspace.org/), the DSpace wiki (http://wiki.dspace.org/) and online meetings to complete this process.

If you want to contact the nominated people directly, they are:

Statistics: Mark H. Wood (mwood at iupui.edu)
Embargoes: Richard Rodgers (rrodgers at mit.edu)
Batch editing: Stuart Lewis (s.lewis at auckland.ac.nz)

The full results of the survey can be seen in a 'wordle' at http://www.wordle.net/gallery/wrdl/794098/DSpace_1.6_survey_results