[Dspace-general] dc.creator "do not use" -- why?

Claudia Jürgen Claudia.Juergen at ub.uni-dortmund.de
Mon Mar 16 10:01:41 EDT 2009

Hi Janet,

yes and no. Apart from application profile discussion, dc.contributor(*)
is hardcoded in many places search indices, crosswalks, sfxlink etc.

If you want to use dc.creator instead you got to change these too,  to
keep the default DSpace behaviour. This is a bit of work and it makes
future upgrades and/or the use of addons more difficult.

Hope that helps

Claudia Jürgen