[Dspace-general] dc.creator "do not use" -- why?

Bram Luyten bluyten at gmail.com
Fri Mar 13 11:15:24 EDT 2009

Dear Alice,

dc.contributor.author is normally the default element for authors.
I think dc.creator is being automatically completed with information about
the user who submitted the item into dspace. So let's say that I'm a
librarian, submitting a bunch of different records in DSpace, my name would
be included in "dc.creator".

For non-technical help with DSpace, there's a very good set of DSpace course
materials available here:
http://cadair.aber.ac.uk/dspace/handle/2160/615

best regards,

Bram Luyten