[Dspace-general] Installing DSpace on Windows XP

P. S. Mukhopadhyay psmukhopadhyay at gmail.com
Thu Mar 5 08:49:41 EST 2009

Dear Bidhan da

So sorry for the trouble. set apache ant path ( Go to env variable -> enter
c:\apa..\bin in the path at the beginning (it's important)). come to dos
prompt through cmd command in run. enter ant. if it response, this is OK. If
not, restart the machine and check again.

Now go to the dspace-source folder where build.xml is present and enter
ant_freshinstall. Hope you will do it well. if not.....

partha

2009/3/5 bidhan chaudhuri <bidhan at email.com>

> Hi,
>
> I'm trying to install DSpace on Windows XP for the last one month, but
> failed. The softwares used:
>
> 1) Apache-ant-1.7.1 from apache-ant-1.7.1-bin.zip
>
> 2) Java-jdk from jkd-1_5_0_17-windows-i586-p
>
> 3) PostgreSQL-8.2-int from postgresql-8.2-int
>
> 4) Apache-tomcat-5.5.27 from apache-tomcat-5.5.27
>
> 5) DSpace-1.5.1-src-release from dspace-1.5.1-src-release.zip
>
> I follow the instructions as given in "INSTALLING DSPACE ON WINDOWS
> prepared by Archana S.N.. professional Assistant, University, cochin
> University of Science and Technology."
>
> Apache ant does not work. Sometimes it is written that "build.xml does not
> exist!", sometimes "ant is not an internal or external command".
>
> Tell someone what should I do now. Is there any solution?
>

> Bidhan Chaudhuri
>
> CGCRI, Kolkata,India
>

> -- Be Yourself @ mail.com!
> Choose From 200+ Email Addresses
> Get a *Free* Account at www.mail.com <http://www.mail.com/Product.aspx>!

Dr. Parthasarathi Mukhopadhyay
Lecturer, Department of Library and Information Science, University of
Burdwan,
Burdwan - 713 104 (WB), India