[Dspace-general] Repeatable dc-elements?

Yuri yuricardenas at gmail.com
Tue Jun 30 14:59:20 EDT 2009

Hi, everyone.

I've discovered that DSpace does not accept duplicated dc-elements for the
same dc-schema. And discovered also that this verification is done in
DCInputsReader, method checkForDups( ). But I don't understand the reason
for it, once there are no problems about repeating elements in Dublin Core.

And It doesn't seem a good idea to skip this verification in DSpace's code
as well.

Am I wrong, duplicated element are an important thing to check? And if so,
does anyone know why?

Thanks in advance.

*Yuri Gomes Cardenas*