[Dspace-general] Link to an item instead of a record?

Refsvik Kjell Are kjell.refsvik at hig.no
Wed Jun 24 08:34:50 EDT 2009

Hi,

I read Vol1:Issue1 with interest, especially the question from Greg
Johnson about wanting to
be able to link individual files in a record directly.

The lack of this functionality has really got us (Gjøvik University
College) thinking about
our needs, and that we may need to look for a different product to
have this (vital)
capability.

I would really like to know what you all think about this shortcoming
and if you see any
solutions out there. Suggestions to:

1. Workarounds
2. Competing products that have this functionality
3. Information about future dev plans to enhance DSpace with this
functionality

...would be really appreciated.

Sincerely,

Kjell Are Refsvik