[Dspace-general] what elements do you index?

Platt, Alice a.platt at snhu.edu
Wed Jul 8 09:25:37 EDT 2009

I'd like to get some general feedback from the DSpace community. What elements did you choose to index for searches in your DSpace instance?

It struck me today that indexing date:dc.date* [all the dates] is not a good idea, because the date accessioned will also be returned when someone searches for a date --  a result that would be useless to virtually all users. I'm thinking I might be missing other search nuances, so any feedback about what others are doing is appreciated.

Using DSpace 1.5.1 Manakin.

Alice Platt
Digital Initiatives Librarian
Shapiro Library