[Dspace-general] Displaying forms according to content type.

Yuri yuricardenas at gmail.com
Fri Feb 13 07:20:25 EST 2009

Hi everyone.

Let me introduce my self, once I'm new here and I don't know how much formal
people are here. ;-)

My name is Yuri Gomes Cardenas, I'm brazilian and study in a public
university (<www.ufsc.br>) which is located in the south, Florianópolis, Santa
Catarina state. I work in a informatics laboratory (where we use, develop
and promote free software) of the university and the project I'm engaged now
has to do with a digital library with which we aim to give support to
teachers of public high schools, of philosophy and sociology disciplines.
After some search and attempts, we found DSpace and started learning how
this software works.

The question is:

Does anyone know if DSpace has some native mechanism for displaying the
submission forms according to the content type? That is, once I choose a
"audio" content type, the next steps should display some set of field
(obviously, related to this content type) and if I choose an "article",
another set of fields (not necessarily completely different) are displayed.
We already know that it's possible to change forms' fields according to
Collections, but we do not think this would be the best way of doing that.

And I hope my bad written english do not interfere my threads'
understanding. =)

Thanks in advance.

*Yuri Gomes Cardenas*