[Dspace-general] opening a collection to submission to all registered users

Wayne Johnston wajohnst at uoguelph.ca
Thu Feb 5 10:26:25 EST 2009

Thanks, Andrew.
This is the approach I favoured and I have got it working finally but there were some inconsistencies (bugs?) that I thought I should document for the list.
These issues are probably specific to dspace 1.5/xmlui/manakin.

Initially I tried adding the anonymous group through the "assign roles" page under "edit collection" in the manakin interface.
That didn't work.
Then I went to "edit authorization policies directly", which gives me different information from what I see on the "assign roles" page.
So this is perhaps bug number 1.
In any case, adding the anonymous group to the submitters group here still does not work.
Curiously, when I would go to the collection home page there would be a "submit a new item to this collection" link but it would go to the submission page with no entry in the "select a collection" drop-down list.
I still could not submit.
Finally I added a new policy explicitly enabling anonymous to "add".
This worked.
In other words, it was not working when I tried to add anonymous as a group within an existing submitters group, but it did work when I added a separate policy for anonymous.
This probably relates to Kim's response dealing with stackable authentication but I haven't yet looked into that.

Thanks again for your help.