[Dspace-general] opening a collection to submission to all registered users

Wayne Johnston wajohnst at uoguelph.ca
Wed Feb 4 15:23:09 EST 2009

Is there a simple way to enable all registered users to submit to a given collection?
For our e-thesis collection all graduating students will be submitters.
Rather than having each one register and request to be added to the submitter group, it would be nice if DSpace recognized each student as a valid submitter as soon as she/he registers.
Am I overlooking a simple solution?
If not, I'm thinking about a nightly routine to add any new users to the submitter group.

We are using DSpace 1.5, xmlui/manakin.

Thanks.

Wayne Johnston
Digital Initiatives Librarian, University of Guelph
519.824.4120 x56900
wajohnst at uoguelph.ca