[Dspace-general] Adding attributes to Params/Select type

Wendy Bossons wbossons at MIT.EDU
Mon Dec 21 14:11:19 EST 2009

How does one add a parameter to an html element in dspace?

I tried adding an onchange parameter to the Select.java and to
    Params.java, as well as to the Structural.xsl templating rule(s),
but
    do not see the results of this effort in the user interface. I know
    I'm missing something or perhaps I am not following the proper
    conventions.
    Here's a block of code from my Select.java:
    public void setOnchange(String change) {
         	this.params.setOnchange(change);
         }
    Here's a block of code from my Params.java:
    /** The name of the change attribute */
         public static final String A_CHANGE = "onchange";
        /** The field onchange */
         protected String onchange = "";
    public void setOnchange(String change)
         {

- Ignored:
             this.onchange = change;
         }
      if (!this.onchange.equals(""))
             {
             	attributes.put(A_CHANGE, this.onchange);
             }

    And the structural.xsl:

    <xsl:template match="@onchange">
             <xsl:attribute name="onchange"><xsl:value-of select="."/></
    xsl:attribute>
    </xsl:template>

    The onchange attribute is not being applied, so I expect that it is
    not in the generated xml.   Is this possible -- to add an attribute?
    Any help is appreciated. (I would prefer not to hack it in the
structural.xsl . . . )

    ..\Wendy
Wendy Bossons
Web Developer