[Dspace-general] non-standard characters in DSpace

S Nieminen S.Nieminen at bradford.ac.uk
Mon Dec 14 09:18:12 EST 2009

Hi All,

Can anyone advise me on how to include non-standard characters in the
dc.abstract field - or any field at all - when creating a bib record in
Dpsace , please? For example, I have an abstract with entries like the
following

 GF(pl)

but the superscript "l" does not carry through when I copy and paste from
e.g. a Word document or from the web. What I end up having is GF(pl). There
are many occasions like this where we wish to include mathematical
characters that simply won't transfer to DSpace.

Thanks

Satu

Ms Satu Nieminen
eResources Librarian