[Dspace-general] Metadata Field Registry backup

Mark H. Wood mwood at iupui.edu
Tue Dec 1 13:14:32 EST 2009

On Tue, Dec 01, 2009 at 05:09:11PM +0330, Saeed Moaddeli wrote:
> How can I backup metadata field registry? does Dspace store the fields in
> database? or somewhere in a readable text file?

The metadata field registry is in the database, in the table
"metadatafieldregistry".  You should find that it is backed up as part
of your normal database backup procedure.

> Is there a tool for import/export these fields?

I am not aware of any.  It would be convenient to be able to
export/import the registries (bitstream formats, metadata fields,
metadata schemae) when building test environments, but it seems that
this has not yet been desirable enough for anyone to make it so.

There are classes in DSpace which are used for the initial loading of
the registries.  You can see them used in the "load_registries" target
of the Ant build.xml file.  So I suppose we do have import, but no
export that I know of.

--
Mark H. Wood, Lead System Programmer   mwood at IUPUI.Edu
Friends don't let friends publish revisable-form documents.