[Dspace-general] DSpace/Sharepoint Comparison

Stuart Lewis s.lewis at auckland.ac.nz
Tue Aug 25 17:31:48 EDT 2009

Hi Curtis,

> Has anyone made a comparison between Microsoft's Sharepoint and DSPACE?
> We are looking for a document repository for our various applications
> and were looking at using one or the other.  We need an effective
> document search capability and it looks like DSPACE can provide that.  I
> would be interested in any personal experiences you might have.

Whilst not a comparison document, this briefing paper examines some of the
features to look for and the general differences between systems such as
SharePoint and repositories like DSpace:

 - http://www.rsp.ac.uk/pubs/briefingpapers-docs/technical-cmsportals.pdf

The decision may come down to the interoperability that you require.

Thanks,

Stuart Lewis
IT Innovations Analyst and Developer
Te Tumu Herenga The University of Auckland Library
Auckland Mail Centre, Private Bag 92019, Auckland 1142, New Zealand
Ph: 64 9 373-7599 x81928
http://www.library.auckland.ac.nz/