[Dspace-general] Migrating data from MySQL

Jeffrey Trimble jatrimble at ysu.edu
Wed Aug 5 10:55:56 EDT 2009

Walter,

If you can extract the data out in a cvs file, you could import it
into an excel
spreadsheet and clean the data up and get it ready to batch import
into DSpace.
Would you be adding bitstreams to this data at this time?  If so,
there is an OhioLINK
tool that will let you use an excel spreadsheet and through proper
preparation
you can create the batch importing that DSpace explains in some detail
in the documentation.
(cf. 9.5 Item Importer and Exporter the most recent documentation).

Go to this link and look at the bulk-submission form and see it will
help you:

http://sites.google.com/a/ohiolink.edu/drmc/bulk-submission

If you wanted to migrate just the data over without the metadata, then
DSpace 1.6
will have a tool that can take an excel spreadsheet and upload it in
batch into
DSpace.

Hope this helps.

Jeffrey Trimble
System LIbrarian
William F.  Maag Library
Youngstown State University
330.941.2483 (Office)
jtrimble at cc.ysu.edu
http://www.maag.ysu.edu
http://digital.maag.ysu.edu
"I must not fear.  Fear is the mind-killer.
I will permit it to pass over me and through me..."
--Litany against fear....