[Dspace-general] export to MARC format?

Harish Maringanti harish at ksu.edu
Wed Apr 22 14:04:18 EDT 2009

Hi Alice,

Yes it is possible to extract metadata from Dspace using OAI-PMH interface.
The exported format would be dublin core that can be converted into other
formats.

We are using Terry Resse's MarcEdit tool to harvest and convert metadata
from Dspace into MARC. MarcEdit has a built-in OAI harvester and has the
flexibility to add custom style sheets to control how the fields get mapped.

Best,
Harish

Harish Maringanti
Systems Analyst