[Dspace-general] can not find the file for the searchbox in the middle

Stuart Lewis s.lewis at auckland.ac.nz
Mon Apr 20 18:03:27 EDT 2009

Hi Lucy,

Assuming you want to edit the homepage search box, the file you want is
[dspace-src]/dspace-jspui/dspace-jspui-webapp/src/main/webapp/home.jsp

Find the line:

(it should be at about line 121)

You can then add a value="Enter some text in the box below to search
Dspace" attribute to the input tag to do what you want. If your
repository uses the multi-language feature, then you'll want to use
something like value="<fmt:message key="jsp.general.search.prompt"/>"
instead, and create jsp.general.search.prompt entries in the relevant
Messages.properties files.

I hope that helps,

Stuart Lewis

Digital Services Programmer

Te Tumu Herenga The University of Auckland Library

Auckland Mail Centre, Private Bag 92019, Auckland 1142, New Zealand

Ph: 64 9 373-7599 x81928

http://www.library.auckland.ac.nz <http://www.library.auckland.ac.nz/> /