[Dspace-general] Week 6: Documentation

Dorothea Salo dsalo at library.wisc.edu
Mon Sep 29 09:28:35 EDT 2008

Greetings, DSpace community,

My apologies for last week's discussion hiatus; I still had several
showstopper bugs in Manakin themes and an uncomfortably close go-live
date. The showstoppers are fixed (with many thanks to the community),
and my headspace is just that much clearer.

This week's topic is documentation, something the survey asked about previously.

When you face a DSpace difficulty, where is the first place you turn?
The second? Third? When all else fails, where do you go?

On a scale of 1 to 5, where 1 is "never find anything useful" and 5 is
"always solves my problem," how would you rate the resources you just
listed? What would a 5 resource look like and contain?

Finally, what would you be willing and able to contribute to DSpace
documentation?

I will facilitate a chat discussion of these questions this Wednesday
1 October at 11 am ET (10 am CT, 4 pm GMT) in the #dspace IRC channel
on irc.freenode.net.

Dorothea

Dorothea Salo                dsalo at library.wisc.edu
Digital Repository Librarian      AIM: mindsatuw
University of Wisconsin
Rm 218, Memorial Library
(608) 262-5493