[Dspace-general] Chat summary: 17 September 2008

Mark Diggory mdiggory at MIT.EDU
Fri Sep 19 19:20:49 EDT 2008

On Sep 19, 2008, at 3:27 PM, Larry Stone wrote:

>> Other suggestions:
>>
>> * a web interface to handle batch imports
>
> After acknowledging the irony of a request for an interactive
> interface to a batch procedure, I'd like to respond that this
> sounds like they want a way to run the batch importer on a separate
> machine.
>
> This is already available in the form of the LNI (Lightweight Network
> Interface) with the simple LNI client -- see the wiki page
> http://wiki.dspace.org/index.php/Simple_LNI_Client
>
> It needs a "DSpace SIP" package, which you can create with a utility
> like the SIP toolkit, see:
> http://wiki.dspace.org/index.php/DSpace_SIP_Toolkit
>
> Combining those tools effectively gives you a remote batch ingester.
>
> It's also worth looking at SWORD as a solution, too.
>
>     -- Larry

I'll toss in the GSoC project as well, but my understanding is that
actually produces Item-Importer directories?

http://wiki.dspace.org/index.php/Google_Summer_of_Code_2008_Batch_Import

-Mark