[Dspace-general] Chat summary: 17 September 2008

Mark H. Wood mwood at IUPUI.Edu
Fri Sep 19 13:28:32 EDT 2008

On Fri, Sep 19, 2008 at 11:23:28AM -0500, Dorothea Salo wrote:
> Other suggestions:
>
> * a validator (or better error-handling) for batch imports; the -t
> flag does not catch many metadata errors, which can cause a batch
> import to die in the middle.

I must have been unclear.  -t *does* catch errors; the problem is that
the first error still kills the run even in test mode.  Making most
errors nonfatal when -t is true might be helpful.  Right now what I do
is to throw a batch at the loader in -t mode, fix the error reported
at the end of the output, throw the batch again, fix the next error
(which was uncovered by fixing the previous error), perhaps many times
until a run completes cleanly.

--
Mark H. Wood, Lead System Programmer   mwood at IUPUI.Edu
Typically when a software vendor says that a product is "intuitive" he