[Dspace-general] Cost/benefit of upgrading to 1.5

Joseph Greene joseph.greene at ucd.ie
Mon Sep 8 07:26:32 EDT 2008

I'm just wondering if there is anyone out there who has done a cost/benefit
analysis of upgrading to 1.5.x (currently 1.4.2 here) that would be willing
to share; I'm not too concerned about format or polish, just the
information. I am currently doing just that and would be very interested in
seeing what others see as important or not. I have recently encountered some
scepticism from repository developers in the EU, (perhaps it's more accurate
to say 'platform agnosticism') which makes me want to be that much more sure
before we decide to upgrade.

Thanks for your help,

Joseph Greene

Institutional Repository Project Manager

University College Dublin

Belfield, Dublin 4

353 (0)1 716 7398

joseph.greene at ucd.ie