[Dspace-general] Week 3: Good Repository Software

Dorothea Salo dsalo at library.wisc.edu
Mon Sep 1 18:04:48 EDT 2008

Sorry, all, I was on holiday and didn't think to set up this week's
question in advance. (Also, since the statistics discussion is still
ongoing, I'm waiting to summarize to the wiki until talk dies down. By
all means keep talking!)

This week's question sounds simple but isn't. What is good repository
software? What does it allow us to do (both macro- and micro-level)?
What do we accomplish with it?

I'm going to ask that respondents please write their own answers
before reading those of others! I would like to see some diversity of
response. Feel free to respond directly to me if you feel
uncomfortable answering on the list.

I will moderate a chat on this topic in the DSpace IRC room (#dspace
on irc.freenode.net) on Wednesday at 10 am Central, 11 Eastern, 4 pm
GMT.

Have at it!

Dorothea

Dorothea Salo dsalo at library.wisc.edu
Digital Repository Librarian AIM: mindsatuw
University of Wisconsin
Rm 218, Memorial Library
(608) 262-5493